Sunday, October 8, 2023

I am Thou


RA MA DA SA, SA SAY SO HUNG

Recalling several practices of healing self and others that have stayed with me throughout my life, I am so happy to remember the Siri Gaitri healing mantra that calmed my anxiety when recovering from breast cancer surgery in 2011, Now experiencing an autoimmune disease attacking my lungs, I'm calmed again by this beautiful mantra: "Ra Ma Da Sa, Sa Say So Hung."

The first four sounds of the mantra ascend and expand into the Infinite; the second part of the mantra pivots those qualities of the highest and brings them back down, to interweave Earth with Infinity:

RA is the Sun  -- its energy strong, bright, hot, and purifying
MA is the Moon -- a quality of receptivity, coolness, and nurturing
DA is the Earth -- its energy is secure, personal, and the ground of action 
SA is Infinity -- the impersonal cosmos in all its open dimensions and totality
SA -- this repetition is the turning point
SAY -- awareness of a sacred "Thou"
SO (the personal sense of merger and identity) and 
HUNG (the Infinite, vibrating and real) -- "I am Thou"